The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Fund (hwicf) has just opened up its latest funding round. There are three grants which could be particularly appropriate to bids from schools:
- Small Grants Small Items: which provides grants of £250-£500 for one-off items or small items of expenditure which will benefit the local community. Examples given include a new cooker for a luncheon club, and sports equipment for youth clubs, so this might be an appropriate fund to pay for items that are shared with community groups using a school building.
- Better Start provides grants of £1,000-£5,000, for projects that help tackle childhood poverty for those aged up to 21 years old. The suggestions include those helping children with access to a nutritious meal or projects that help build family resilience, so this may be an avenue for securing additional funding for breakfast or after school clubs working with vulnerable children, or wide work with their families.
- #iwill awards grants of £1,000-£5,000 to encourage young people aged between 10 and 20 to lead change and make a positive contribution to their communities, particularly in less affluent areas. Grants should deliver opportunities for young people to get involved in campaigning, fundraising and volunteering, all of which enable participants to make a positive difference in their local area.
- The contact number at hwicf is 01256 776101, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If helpful I am very happy to look over draft bids – Alison.email@example.com Tel : 023 9284 1973.