Money, Debt and Benefits Advice

All of the money, debt and benefits advice services listed below are free, confidential and impartial.

Advice Portsmouth

Advice Portsmouth, funded by Portsmouth City Council, is for anyone who lives or works in Portsmouth.

They provide advice and support, including debt, welfare benefits, housing and employment. They also run a family law advice clinic.

      • Phone  023 9279 4340
      • Visit 116 Kingston Crescent, North End
      • Drop-in Mondays to Wednesdays 9am – 5pm, Thursdays 1pm – 7.30pm or Fridays 9am – 4.30pm

Citizens Advice Portsmouth

Citizens Advice Portsmouth provides a free, confidential and impartial debt advice centre at Ark Royal House, Winston Churchill Avenue, PO1 2GF (opposite Central Police Station).

      • Phone 023 9285 5855  for telephone advice or visit their website to check when they are open for their drop-in service.

Portsmouth City Council tenants

Tenants are able to access help with tenancy matters, including debt advice, budgeting and welfare benefits. If you run into difficulties that might affect your tenancy, contact your housing officer who will work with you to understand your circumstances and explore options and things you can do to improve your situation so you can manage your tenancy.

Your housing officer has access to expert support in relation to debt management, budgeting and welfare benefits. So if you are struggling or worried about money, contact your housing office to find out about the help available.