Drug and alcohol services referral pathway for GPs in Portsmouth:
The Recovery Hub for Drug and Alcohol Services (for those over 19 years old) please contact the Recovery Hub at email@example.com or call 023 9229 4573
They can provide assessment and access to specialist treatment and support, including:
- 1:1 support, recovery planning and care management
- Specialist medical services (prescribing, detox)
- Psycho-social Interventions (counselling, group therapy)
- Residential Rehabilitation
- Peer Support
- Family and carer support
- Harm reduction (needle exchange)
‘Drop in’ assessments are also available on Tuesdays and Thursdays 09.00-3.30pm at Campion Place, 44-46 Elm Grove, Southsea, PO5 1JX
The Recovery Hub is provided by The Society of St James, Portsmouth
- For young people (under 19) please seek drug and alcohol services support from Early Help & Prevention Teams refer to MASH on 0845 671 0271
- For young people (under 19), open to Tier 4 children and families service please contact the Drug & Alcohol Support Service: 02392 688408
Alcohol Specialist Nurse Service (QA)
Detox and Treatment service.
This service is only available to patients with a history of alcohol-related hospital admissions or if the patient is currently suffering with Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome.
To refer, telephone 023 9228 6000 Ext:5403 to discuss the patient with this service
Other useful services
Portsmouth Wellbeing Service – The Wellbeing Service offers free support to help you quit smoking, drink less alcohol, eat well and move more. It’s available at venues across Portsmouth.
Phone: 0239 229 4001
PUSH Recovery Community –PUSH is an independent, inclusive, peer-led service user group – anyone can join. We’re not abstinence focused as we know that sometimes people aren’t quite ready to get there yet until they’re being supported. We also challenge the stigma and discrimination others in the community may feel towards drug or alcohol users.
Phone: 02392 841 384
Website: PUSH Recovery Community
Rebound Carers Group –Rebound Group is a confidential, empathetic support group, caring about carers. We offer support and assistance in both group and one-to-one counselling settings, as needed.
The service is provided free of charge to carers and family members affected by a loved ones’ drugs and/or alcohol use and associated mental health problems.
Phone: 0793 958 0167