IRIS - Domestic abuse service for GP patients
What is IRIS?
IRIS provides valuable domestic abuse support to patients in the Portsmouth area.
The year 2014/2015 saw 112 referrals to the service from our GPs. However there are still a great number of patients experiencing domestic abuse in the city and it continues to have a crippling effect on their lives, livelihood, children and health. GPs and nurses are vital to this effort and are encouraged to 'ASK THE QUESTION'.
The IRIS service can offer GP's and their Patients in Portsmouth
- 1 to 1 work with a domestic abuse practitioner to recognise risk, patterns of abuse, safety and additional support needs.
- Updates to GP regarding patient safety and engagement.
- Qualified IDVA support and MARAC representation for all high risk clients.
- Assistance with immediate safety and/or access to emergency accommodation
- Help with legal matters, access to solicitors and advice about legal options and support at court.
For more information please contact EIP on: 02392 688472